Parent educator, Colleen Wilson, talks about the parenting lessons most real and applicable for her in her home today
What will be covered in this podcast conversation:
- Teaching your familes values and modes-of-operating
- Recognising that real learning and instilling values takes mindful repetition and long-term investement.
- As parents we are the ONLY one resonspible for our own reactivity and navigating the state we are in.
- Where a situation goes with our children depends entirely on how the adult in the situation reacts or responds.
- Children and teens are NOT adults. They are still learning, and it’s important to have realistic expecatations.
- Age-appropriate struggle is valuable and important to prepare our children for life.
- Use reference points of struggle, growth and success to support in new situations.
- As adults, our relationship to our children’s struggle is pivotal to their lessons. What are your feelings and thoughts in relations to your children’s experiences?