Parent Educator Colleen Wilson shares her top parenting lessons she is using daily in her home.
What will be covered in this podcast conversation:
- Top parenting lessons that Colleen is using in her home with her children (age 8 and 13).
- Teaching your children your family values and modes-of-operating.
- Recognising that real learning and instilling values takes mindful repetition and long-term investement.
- As parents we are the ONLY one resonspible for our own reactivity and navigating the state we are in.
- Where a situation goes with our children depends entirely on how the adult in the situation reacts or responds.
- Children and teens are NOT adults. They are still learning, and it’s important to have realistic expecatations.
- Age-appropriate struggle is valuable and important to prepare our children for life.
- Use reference points of struggle, growth and success to support in new situations.
- As adults, our relationship to our children’s struggle is pivotal to their lessons. What are your feelings and thoughts in relations to your children’s experiences?
- More about Parenting and Leadership expert Colleen Wilson.
- Visit Contemporary Parenting here.
- Follow Contemporary Parenting on Facebook.
- Follow Contemporary Parenting on Instagram.
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section blow.
- Ask a question and Candice will get back to you.
- Share this show on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Download the MP3 Audio File (right click and choose save)