Key ideas around leading and managing people with Emotional Intelligence
- Promotions and stress can impact our Emotional Intelligence (EQ) especially as new managers often encounter resistance.
- Compounded stress is often ignored and then explodes or results in reduced EQ competencies.
- The more vulnerable people feel the more they tend to want to micromanage and that can lead to a cycle of disempowering staff.
- Communication has only happened if the message has actually been heard.
- Purpose and mastery are huge intrinsic motivators.
- Emotions are contagious:
- What emotions are you transmitting?
- Are you taking ownership for what you are feeling?
- Are you picking up and living into others emotions?
- Sometimes you have to take short-term pain for the long-term benefits.
- Keep in mind the results you desire when going into an interaction (meeting, conversation etc.).
- If you are in an emotional hijack you/others are operating from their survival brain resulting in fight or withdrawl response.
Avril Kidd’s Links & Resources
- Self-Awareness Workshop, 7 & 8 March 2017
- Avril Kidd’s bio and contact details
- EQ in Action
- EQ in Action on Facebook
- More about the SEI Assesment & Brain Profiles
- Follow EQ Evolution on facebook
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question and Candice will respond to you personally.
- Share the show with those you think would benefit.
To support the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help.
- Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher or wherever your listen to podcasts