My Feelings Box
Fantastic tool for kids and adults. Highly recommended! I think I may have to invest for the adult box for myself too!- Melissa, Mother of two
When I get in a fight with my friends on the playground and I come inside, I get the My Feelings Box and I pick out how I am feeling and how I want to feel. When I finish, I already feel better. I feel more calm and I know what I need to do.- 8 year old boy at Vienna International School
My Feelings Box
The My Feelings Box is a solution to “unlock your emotion superpower” (adult speak: learn how to understand and manage feelings). At it’s most basic, it is a tool and prompt to help your child find the right words to describe what they feel, to develop their emotion vocabulary and their emotional literacy.
You can suggest feelings from the My Feelings Box to help them identify what they are feeling until eventually they find the words themselves.
Finding the right words for how we feel is really powerful. It decreases the power of uncomfortable feelings and anchors the “positive” ones. And once we know what we are feeling, we can also respond in a more informed and conscious way.
The My Feelings Box also includes a fun guide to help children “unlock their emotion superpower”. It explains what emotions are, where they come from, what they want us to do and also what each specific feeling is trying to make us aware of. It offers children a fun and engaging way to learn the important life skills of harnessing their emotions and developing their emotional intelligence.
- 46 COLORFUL MAGNETS with carefully selected emotions to help your child build their emotion vocabulary to find the right words to describe how they feel
- PORTABLE TIN BOX so your child can take the My Feelings Box with them and also have a safe space to express themselves
- A BEAUTIFULLY DESIGNED GUIDE that explains the latest scientific research about emotions to children in a fun and engaging way
- BONUS “I WANT TO FEEL…” MAGNET to help your child shift focus or learn to identify what makes them feel happy
- A HANDY THERMOMETER MAGNET so children can express how intensely they feel each emotion
The My Feelings Box equips your child with the important life skill of emotional literacy and emotional intelligence.
The My Feelings Box can be used by children on their own so they have a neutral place where they can turn to and express their feelings.
It is also often used by parents and children together. They often use the Feeling Magnets to help each other find the right words to express themselves. It serves as a conversation starter and further strengthens your bond with your child.
The My Feelings Box is also used in classrooms, councilors offices and therapist practices’