What is covered in this podcast on Emotionally Safe Schools:
- A few benefits in investing in growing your emotional intelligence.
- Understanding what emotionally safe classrooms look like.
- Teachers as guides instead of policeman.
- Shifts from rules & regulations toward values and agreements.
- How the outdoor classroom can be used as a way to grow teens personal leadership and emotional intelligence.
A few benefits to growing Emotional Intelligence:
- Understand where people are coming from. How are you interrupting others behaviour?
- What am I contributing or bringing to the situation in front of me?
- What are the implications of our choices? The costs and benefits both immediate and long-term.
- Long-term intrinsic motivation built on character instead of compliance.
Why it’s important to be an Emotionally Safe School?
- Human’s are emotional beings and our emotions are continually impacting those around us.
- Teacher impact the creation of either an emotionally safe classroom. Are you aware of how you or your teachers are impacting learners?
- If a child does not feel emotionally safe it doesn’t matter what world classs facilities a school has it is challenging for a child to learn. Neuroscience shows that safety is needed for the brain to optimise learning.
- If an educator does not feel emotionally safe it can be tough to create a safe space for learning.
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section blow.
- Ask a question and Candice will get back to you.
- Share this show on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and review really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Download the MP3 Audio File (right click and choose save)
- More about Emotional Intelligence and conflict expert Naftaly Ngugi.
- Details of the Teen Personal Leadership Camp
- Emotionally Safe Schools